Course aims & objectives
The aims and objectives of an Aircraft Marshalling course are as follows:
1. Safety Awareness: The course aims to raise participants' awareness of safety protocols and procedures related to aircraft marshalling. This includes understanding potential hazards, safety zones, and the importance of clear communication to ensure the safety of personnel and the aircraft.
2. Marshalling Signals: The course aims to familiarize participants with the standardized hand signals and visual aids used for aircraft marshalling. They will learn to effectively communicate with pilots and ground crew members using these signals to direct the movement, positioning, and parking of aircraft.
3. Aircraft Ground Movement: Participants will gain knowledge and skills regarding aircraft ground movement procedures. This includes understanding different types of aircraft and their specific handling characteristics, as well as learning how to guide aircraft during taxiing, pushback, towing, and parking.
4. Communication Skills: The course aims to develop participants' communication skills to effectively convey instructions and information to pilots and ground crew members during aircraft marshalling operations. They will learn to use concise, clear, and unambiguous verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
5. Operational Efficiency: Participants will be trained to ensure efficient and timely aircraft movements on the ground. This includes understanding ramp layouts, airport infrastructure, and operational considerations to optimize aircraft turnaround times and minimize delays.
6. Emergency Situations: The course aims to prepare participants to handle emergency situations during aircraft marshalling operations. They will learn appropriate procedures for responding to emergencies, such as aircraft malfunctions, fires, or other incidents, while prioritizing the safety of personnel and the aircraft.
7. Teamwork and Collaboration: Participants will learn the importance of effective teamwork and collaboration in aircraft marshalling operations. They will understand their roles and responsibilities within the marshalling team and how to coordinate with other ground personnel, pilots, and air traffic control for smooth and safe aircraft movements.
8. Regulatory Compliance: The course aims to educate participants about the relevant regulations and guidelines governing aircraft marshalling operations. They will gain knowledge of international standards, local regulations, and industry best practices to ensure compliance and adherence to safety protocols.
Overall, the objectives of the Aircraft Marshalling course are to equip participants with the necessary knowledge, skills, and confidence to conduct aircraft marshalling operations safely and efficiently, while promoting effective communication, teamwork, and regulatory compliance.