Course aims & objectives
The Ground Operations Equipment training course offers comprehensive instruction on the various equipment used in ground operations at airports. This course is designed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently handle ground operations equipment. Whether you are a ground handling professional or aspiring to work in the aviation industry, this course equips you with the essential competencies required for successful ground operations.
The course covers the following modules:
1. Ground Operations Equipment: This module provides an overview of the different types of equipment used in ground operations. Participants will gain an understanding of the importance of equipment in supporting efficient airport operations and the roles they play in various tasks.
2. Equipment Familiarisation: In this module, participants will be introduced to the specific ground operations equipment commonly used at airports. They will learn about the features, functions, and operational procedures of each equipment type, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of their capabilities.
3. Aircraft Arrival: This module focuses on the processes and procedures involved in handling aircraft upon arrival. Participants will learn how to position ground equipment correctly, communicate effectively with the flight crew, and ensure a smooth and safe arrival process.
4. Ground Power Unit (GPU): Participants will learn about the Ground Power Unit, which supplies electrical power to aircraft while on the ground. The module covers the proper operation, connection, and safety considerations related to using a GPU.
5. Belt Loader: This module provides an in-depth understanding of belt loaders, their functionalities, and safe operating practices. Participants will learn how to load and unload baggage and cargo using a belt loader efficiently and securely.
6. Electric Tugs: Participants will gain knowledge of electric tugs and their usage in ground operations. This module covers the operation, maneuvering, and towing of aircraft using electric tugs, emphasizing safety protocols and best practices.
7. Radio Equipment: This module focuses on the effective use of radio equipment for communication during ground operations. Participants will learn proper radio etiquette, common radio phrases, and the importance of clear and concise communication.
8. Unit Load Devices (ULDs): This module provides comprehensive instruction on the handling and management of Unit Load Devices, which are containers used for transporting baggage and cargo. Participants will learn how to properly secure, handle, and inspect ULDs to ensure safe and efficient loading and unloading operations.
9. Hi-Lo Loaders: Participants will become familiar with Hi-Lo loaders, which are used to handle heavy loads and containers. This module covers the operation, safety considerations, and best practices for using Hi-Lo loaders.
10. Loading Procedures: This module focuses on the loading procedures for various types of aircraft, considering weight distribution, balance, and load securement. Participants will learn how to efficiently and safely load baggage, cargo, and ULDs onto aircraft.
11. Push Back and Tow Bar: Participants will gain a thorough understanding of push back and tow bar operations. This module covers the techniques and safety measures involved in pushing back an aircraft from the gate and towing it to the designated area.
The Ground Operations Equipment training course equips participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to handle a wide range of ground operations equipment effectively. By gaining familiarity with equipment, understanding operational procedures, and prioritizing safety, participants will be well-prepared to contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of ground services at airports. Join this course and take the next step towards a successful career in ground operations.